Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Training 2014 - Week 35

This week Sarah and I worked out Monday (Labor Day) morning and early Wednesday morning.

Monday the gym was unusually busy for a Labor Day.  There were people everywhere!  I guess that's a good thing, but we had to modify some of the machines we used because there were so many people.  Monday was a super-setting day.  It was pretty upper body heavy, too.   We also used the prowler.  Barf.  I'm not sure if I ever loved the prowler, but I definitely hate it now.  Sarah initially added 140 pounds of weights to the prowler, but that was a tad to heavy.  So, she brought it back down to 90 and that was too light.  We finally settled on 110.

Wednesday was an early workout since I was working at my least favorite location and I am trapped there until 430.  I so wanted to cancel because I had a tough time sleeping and 5 am came way too fast.  I made it to the gym and I survived the day.  Wednesday was lower body day.  We started with the step ups and those were awful.  I hate them.  I did accomplish a PR today when I did straight leg deadlifts!  I did 125 pounds, which broke my previous PR of 115.

I have to admit I've been feeling a little blah and lost lately with my workouts and diet.  It's when I do stuff like PRs that I feel good and inspired to continue on.  I have to remember to remain focused, but also remind myself that Rome wasn't built in a day.  I'll blog more about this later.  Right, now I am feeling sleepy from my lack of sleep last night.


1 comment:

  1. I feel the same way about myself, but nothing brings you back like the power of your PR's! Keep it up! Let's stay motivated together!

    ReplyDelete