Thursday, August 7, 2014

Training 2014 - Week 31

This week, Sarah beat the crap out of me.  Seriously.

Sunday was cray-cray.  First of all, I set a straight leg deadlift PR of 115 pounds.  I did one full set of that and boy was it tough.  (The other two sets were at  85 and 95 pounds)  I  always feel fabulous when I break a personal record.  Next, she put me on the rowing machine, which I HATE!!!  And we then did lat pulldowns.  Now, I don't mind lat pulldowns at all.  My only complaint is that I need to remember to buy some gloves to wear.  We started at 85 pounds, which I have done in the past.  Unfortunately, the deadlifts and rowing made gripping really difficult.  We had to lower the weight twice on the pulldowns, which I hate to do, but there was no way I could grip heavy weights after the deadlifts.

Since Sarah took jumpboard and learned what it was all about she's kind of taken it easy on my legs on Wednesdays.  I appreciate her looking out for me, but it is really impossible to kill my legs.  Seriously,  my legs are crazy strong and can take a beating.  Jumpboard Pilates may seem like fun and games, but we're some of the toughest broads around.    I asked Sarah to NOT take it easy on me.  I can handle whatever she throws at me.

So, Wednesday we started with Icarian Super Squats, my favorite!!!!!  We did 230 pounds.  It was challenging, but I think we can bump it up a little more next time.  I gotta get that ass built up more.   We also did kettle bell deadlifts.  We did battle ropes again at the end.  I'm kind of starting to hate the battle ropes, but I prefer them to kettle bell swings and I feel like they get my heart rate up higher than kettle bell swings ever did.

I always feel good after my two workouts, but I felt really good this week and like I had accomplished a lot.

Next week, we will be training early Wednesday morning and Friday afternoon.




No comments:

Post a Comment