Saturday, August 2, 2014

Food Sensitivity Test Results

In an effort to get to the bottom of my plateau, I decided to take the Food Sensitivity Test that Lifetime sells.  It is newly revised and now tests for 96 different foods.  It is a blood test that you have to go to a LabCorp location to take.  It is not a fasting test, so you are encouraged to eat a light meal before your blood is drawn.

I went on Friday, July 18th.  It was fairly quick.  I went to the Farmington Road at Plymouth Road location.   I took my test kit and clearly they've been doing a ton of those tests there because they were pros in the procedure for this test.

I received my CBC results the next morning, which I didn't really understand the results.  I got the Food Sensitivity results on Friday, July 25th and immediately emailed Tony, the Dietitian to set up a time for my results.  The results were this afternoon.  I was so excited.

Of the 96 foods tested, I showed a sensitivity to 25!!!!  Yeah, 25!!!

The Class 3 "Severe Sensitivity" foods were Peanuts and Cottage Cheese. .

The Class 2 "Moderate Sensitivity"  foods were Corn, Cow Milk, Coconut, Almond.

The Class 1 "Mild Sensitivity" foods were Barley, Rye, Orange, Mustard, Safflower, Lemon, Cabbage, Watermelon, Celery, Carrot, Black Tea, Cashew, Chili Pepper, Wheat, Oat, Gluten, Malt, Asparagus, and Clam.


So, now for the next three months, I am going to avoid these foods.   Then Tony will help me slowly reintroduce them in.

Apparently, this test has been flying off the shelf at Lifetime and people who implement the results are having tremendous results.  Everyone in my Tuesday Pilates class has now taken the test.

I've decided to add Tony to my little fitness army (along with Sarah and Cassie).   I am going to meet with him twice a month to get the diet under control and just work on everything nutrition wise.

I'm super glad I took this test.  I find the results to be completely fascinating.  I KNEW I would be sensitive to peanuts.  I had already told my friend Brittany that I would give her my PB2 if I did indeed come up sensitive to peanuts.  I packed up my PB2 and gave it to her the day I got my results.  I had one last peanut butter bar from my favorite bakery that day to say a fond farewell to peanuts and I thought I was going to die.  My tummy hurt so bad.

I will be saving money on almond and coconut milk since I'll now be putting water in my shakes.

So, I can't wait to see the results and then get retested in a few months.  I have a feeling peanuts will be out of my diet for a long while.


2 comments: