Friday, July 25, 2014

Forrest and Bubba Do Jumpboard Pilates

I have been so excited this week for Sarah to finally try Jumpboard.  Now she'll know what I talk about when I describe the stuff we do.  Thursday night was finally the night.  It was just me, Sarah, and Megan and of course, Cassie.  Since Sarah was brand new to Jumpboard, Cassie's introduction went a little like this:

"There are snipers all around this area that would love to grease a Pilates instructor."

Like all of our Jumpboard classes, we started with about 20 minutes of regular Pilates.  Sarah was pretty impressed by my short spine series.  Seriously, I'm pretty awesome at it.  I'm not sure if Sarah had ever done a Pilates class with Cassie before, but I think she learned a couple new things or at least variations.

Then came time for the Jumpboard portion.  It was a pretty tough class, I must say.  We worked with weights, without weights, did arm exercises.  We were all sweating, thirsty, and huffing and puffing.  Sarah really enjoyed the class.  It's pretty badass.  Don't let the fun of jumping on a reformer fool you, it's a killer workout.  I think Sarah got a good mix of everything we do.

The only exercise I'm bummed we didn't do was the "headlight" leg jump, which I think is poorly named.  It should be called tail light because it works the glutes pretty hard.   Headlights are boobs, let's be real.  

After class, we were like:

And as I do every Thursday after Jumpboard, I went home, showered, laid on the couch and was asleep HARD in about 10 minutes.  

No comments:

Post a Comment