Sunday, July 6, 2014

Fourth of July Week

It's another holiday week here in the US, which means there's the potential for some wayward eating on the 4th, but also time to hang out with friends and have a good time.

This week I worked out five days.  I took my typical days off:  Monday and Friday.

Sunday and Wednesday were training days with Sarah and the post about those days is here.

Tuesday was my regular Pilates class.  I had a funny moment in class this week.  We were doing the short spine series (I think that's what it's called) and I got all the way up on my shoulders and totally freaked out that I was going to fall into the well of the reformer.  Cassie said that's the feeling you should get when you get completely up on your shoulders and you're doing it right.  It was quite a scary feeling.  I came back down fairly fast because I thought I was going to flip over.  I'm pretty proud of myself for being able to do it.  Yay me!!!

Thursday was Jumpboard Pilates class.  It was a fairly small turnout since it was the evening of the 3rd.  It was a tough class, as usual, but fun.  I was sweating like a pig.

Saturday morning I went to Rickita's 945 Hot Vinyasa Flow.  It was really packed for being the morning of the 5th.  I was excited to use my yoga mat towel that I got last week.  This is the towel  that I ordered.  It made a world of difference in my practice.  I wasn't slipping and sliding around like I had been.  I think I might actually buy at least another mat towel because I really made a sweaty mess of this one.  It would be nice to have a backup.  Let's just say I will never take a hot yoga class without a mat towel.

The class was really challenging, but I'm glad I went.

After class, I went home and showered.  Then I drove over to Jackie and Thad's, and Jackie and I walked 4.1 miles at Kensington Metropark.  It was a nice walk, not too hot.  Clearly I am not drinking enough water because my bad ankle ended up swelling really bad and my fingers felt like overstuffed sausages.

So, despite the fact that it was a short work week and also a big party weekend, I did well.  I was diligent in getting my five workouts this week and mixing it up.

Have a good week!  See you next week!!


No comments:

Post a Comment