Sunday, June 29, 2014

Product Review: The Run Home Store


So between my meltdown and Sarah not being able to compete in July, we're both a little down (but not out).  And since we're in this together, I thought we should have some sort of tangible inspiration.  I've seen several Instagram accounts advertising exercise/lifting jewelry and I almost bought some a few weeks ago, but didn't.  I thought now would be a perfect time to get something for both Sarah and I.

I went on Etsy and searched for exercise jewelry.  There are tons of pages.  I found the jewelry that I would ultimately buy on the first page, but I wanted to continue looking a little bit more rather than pull the trigger right away.  Nothing else really spoke to me like the necklace picture above.  It was perfect.  The etsy store that I purchased this necklace from was called The Run Home or you can order directly from their website.

This store has some awesome stuff!  I didn't browse the entire store, but I liked what I saw, I love what I received, and I will shop there again.  The prices are great!  I much prefer to support independent artists/craftspeople than ordering from a larger business.  Etsy is a wonderful website for that.

I placed my order on Tuesday evening while I was watching Extreme Weight Loss, it shipped (from Georgia) on Wednesday, and I received it on Friday.  I loved the necklaces!  Obviously I only opened mine because they come beautifully wrapped and packaged.  I wanted Sarah to open hers as a present.   


Seriously, how awesome is this box with the silver ribbon cord around it?  Presentation is really everything.  It goes a long way in my book.  Not to mention, I received a hand written note from the owner, Debbie.  Classy.  Also, there were care instructions and a cloth to clean the necklace.  I love it!

Just a quick note, I did add the open heart charm extra.  The necklace as advertised just came with the quote and the barbell.  I was debating whether to add an S on Sarah's necklace and a V for mine, but I decided on the open heart charm.  It was a little smaller than I expected, but now seeing the whole necklace, it is actually the perfect size and doesn't distract from anything else.  A bigger heart charm would have crowded it too much.  

Not only did I love my necklace, but Sarah did, too.  I had to run to a private Pilates session with Cassie and she was manning the protein shake table, so we didn't get too much time to chat.

I would HIGHLY recommend Debbie and The Run Home store for your athletic jewelry needs.  This is definitely the first of many purchases I will make.  

Be sure to like their Facebook page.  I'd like to hear if any of you purchase anything.  Love my necklace and it inspires me to fight on.

No comments:

Post a Comment