Thursday, December 12, 2013

Clothes Shopping

One the bonuses of losing weight is buying new SMALLER clothes.  When I started working with Sarah, she asked me what my goal was.  I really didn't have a number on the scale picked out and I still don't.  Mainly, I just want to be able to shop in "normal" stores and not be restricted to plus sized stores.

When I started out I was in size 22 pants.  22!  Even my tops were 20/22.  That's the middle range of the plus sized stores. They start at 14 and go to 30 (some go to 32). 

I'm pretty excited to say that I am a solid 14.  Even some of my 14 things are loose.  I have a pair of size 14 pants from the Limited (a normal store!!) that are just a little snug.  I hope to be in them in January.   The good thing about winter in Michigan is that you can wear your sweaters on the larger, baggy side since it's so flipping cold right now.

Even my workout clothes have changed.  I love the C9 line by Champion that is sold at Target. I bought some pants, t-shirts, and sports bras in size XXL the day I started working out.  The t-shirts didn't fit when I got home and tried them on, but I kept them anyway.   The pants and sports bras were snug, but not excessively tight.

In September, I bought more workout clothes, but in size L!  And those XXL t-shirts that didn't fit?  They fit now!  I think I might have to buy medium sports bras soon and probably pants, too!

So, all of these changes have got me feeling........

image

1 comment: