Monday, May 19, 2014

D.Tox - Day 8

D. Tox Day 7 Weight Loss:  0.0 pounds
D.Tox Total Weight Loss:    8.4 pounds

Day 8.  The beginning of week two.  I'd be lying if I didn't tell you I can't wait for D.Tox to be over.  Not because I plan on eating like a paroled prisoner on his first day on the outside, I just want to eat a less restrictive diet.  I'm fiending for sugar hard core.  I feel like a heroin addict detoxing.  Unfortunately there's no sugar Methdone for me to use.  I want to have eggs.  I want my gluten free chocolate chip cookies.  Basically, that's it.  I can continue on with this way of eating but I want eggs and cookies.  Oh, and I want sushi with soy sauce.  And cheese.  I hate cheese but yesterday at Trader Joe's, String Cheese was the sexiest thing I had ever seen (at least since D.Tox started).


Today I went to Panera for lunch.  I ordered the you-pick-two.  I selected the creamy tomato soup (minus croutons) and the Greek salad.  These items are gluten free and often a regular lunch/dinner option when I do eat at Panera.  

For dinner I made some Turkey Breast Tenderloins and some zucchini.  It was good enough, but I'm really suffering from bland eating.  I suffered from this problem last year, but it seems like everything is worse this time around.  

I made a paleo pizza to take to work for lunch.  We have a jury trial this week and so my lunch time will be short and limited.  The pizza was palatable and I used some of my favorite toppings:  spinach, red onion, and mushrooms.

For exercise today, I worked out with Sarah.  I was sweating like a pig.  It was also back to our regular workouts after having a recovery week last week.  That meant heavy lifting and leaving the gym exhausted and ready for a shower and nap.  

I am so excited that this was my second and last Sunday of D.Tox.  I will continue to do the D.tox and stick to the plan.  It's hard but worth it.  I'll have a great sense of accomplishment once it's over because I stuck with it even though it was harder this time than last time.

1 comment:

  1. I have to give you props Veronica, because this is how I'm feeling going through my contest prep diet the second time around. It's much harder, I almost want to give in, but I won't! If I don't give in, neither do you!! We can suffer together!! LoL!

    ReplyDelete