Wednesday, March 26, 2014

A Very Awesome Pilates Class

Usually I just include my Pilates class in my weekly workout thread, but last night's Pilates class was quite unique.  First of all, my classmates Linda and Maureen had previously scheduled plans so they weren't going to attend class last night.  That's just totally crazy because I NEVER schedule anything on Tuesday evenings.  Nope, I'm not missing my Pilates class for nothing!

I knew for a whole week that this class was more than likely going to end up being a private with Cassie just instructing me.  I texted her to see if we could do some spring board work and she agreed.  I was super excited even though I didn't know what the spring board would involve.

Would this happen? 


We started class and did our regular stuff, then we did our spring board portion.  I loved it!  It was a little weird to do all that jumping but it was fun.  I can totally understand why newbies can't do the spring board because you do have to have control and know how where your body is on the reformer.   It was all jumping but because you're supine there isn't the impact on the knees.   I totally dug it.  I could feel my cheeks getting red but I wasn't winded or exhausted.  Even though I did a boxing class in the morning, I really wasn't too exhausted although when it was time to get off the reformer I was wobbly.

Each exercise we did was a minute and thirty seconds followed by 30 seconds of rest.  When Cassie changed up the springs, I felt like I was jumping in slow motion.  It was a bizarre feeling and at first I thought I was doing something wrong.

It was so much fun that I was surprised to see all of the sweat I left on the reformer and the back of my shirt was drenched!!!!  I haven't sweat like that in Pilates ever!

Currently, Lifetime offers one spring board class a week.  I really want to do this again and I know Linda and Maureen and going to be very curious to try it.  Hopefully when and if they expand to more springboard classes, I can increase my Pilates to twice a week.

Thanks for letting me try this, Cassie!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment