Sunday, March 9, 2014

Stress and Resilience Test (Retest)

I sat down with Julie today at Lifetime and got the results from my latest Stress and Resilience test.  My morning and afternoon cortisol levels were fine/normal.  (That's great news since my initial S&R last year had my morning levels way high.)  My dinner and evening cortisol levels were low.  My DHEA levels have actually decreased, which is not necessarily good news.

Julie suggested that rather than take more DHEA as I did after the last exam, I should take a Vitamin D supplement and also change the times I take my Metformin.  Rather than take it with my vitamins, I could take them separately.

She also wants me to continue with the yoga and Pilates since those exercises keep me in my lower heart rate zones.  When I take my Spinning classes, I should concentrate on staying on Zones 1, 2, and 3.  If I do go into Zones 4 and 5, I should only be there for 30 seconds.

The optimum time for me to work out is in the morning since that's when my cortisol levels are best.

I should really aim for at least 8 hours of sleep or more!  Yay!!!! She didn't have to tell me twice.  I LOVE to sleep.


1 comment:

  1. Thats great to hear about your improvements on your cortisol levels!
    This would probably be a good opportunity to look into re-test for an AMA as well!
    I wish I could find that article about active people sleeping for 8+ hours or more!!

    ReplyDelete