Saturday, March 29, 2014

Products I Love and Use

This was just going to be an exercise blog, but I thought I'd expand it occasionally to share some things that I've come across that I love using.

First of all, I have been looking at the home and beauty section at Trader Joe's and I stumbled upon this Coconut Body Butter.  I've heard about all the healthy benefits to cooking with coconut oil and recently read somewhere that using it on your body as a lotion is great for the skin, too.  So, I've been using the body butter pictured below and I am in heaven.  It smells amazing (like coconut, naturally) and my skin feels soft and moisturized.  I was super excited that the top flips open like an oyster shell, which is convenient when putting it on.  I hate removable tops.  The price on this was pretty economical at under $5.  


Next is a day creme that I've been using for years.  It's by Bioelements.   As you can see by the jar, I am almost in need of some more.  What I love about this product is its clean non-perfumed scent.  Also, the added lutein helps protect my skin from the effects from indoor florescent lighting.  I use another Bioelements product called the Twice Daily Bar.  It's a bar of soap that I use to wash my face in the morning and clean my face when I get home and remove my makeup.  Bioelements is not cheap, but they are quality skin products.  The Day Creme runs about $50 and I buy about two jars a year.  The Twice Daily Bar is $27 and I'm still on my first bar that I bought last year.



One of my New Year's Resolutions was to quit biting my nails.  I am a horrible nail biter,  yet on the flipside, when I grow my nails they are beautiful.  I paint my nails about two or three times a week.  I've become obsessed with buying nail polish.  I treat myself to a bottle of OPI whenever I go to get my eyebrows waxed. I've really started loving Revlon's Parfumerie scented nail polish.



For a few years, I've use Revlon's Colorstay Ultimate Liquid Lipstick.  When they say Colorstay, they aren't joking.  I can apply some in the morning and it stays on the entire day and into the next day!  I have only two colors because they are my favorites.  Brilliant Bordeaux and Stellar Sunrise.  I use Brilliant Bordeaux the most and I get TONS of compliments on it.  Even yesterday, the cashier at my favorite Thai restaurant mentioned how much she loved my lipstick.



There is one downside to the Liquid Lipstick and that is that leaves your lips super dry.  Luckily for me, my friend Kate sent me some of her favorite lip gloss.  It is the L'Oreal Colour Riche leGloss.  It took some getting used to because I'm a chapstick girl, but I really have grown to like this gloss.


So, there are just a few of my current favorite products.  When I find new things that I can't live without, I'll let you know!

No comments:

Post a Comment