Monday, January 6, 2014

Couch to 5K Week 5 Day 3


I did it!  I DID IT!!  I flipping did it!!!!  Twenty minutes!  Two Zero!!

I called off from work because of the snow and the nearest freeway to my home being an accident magnet this morning.  I had to shovel myself out of my parking space, and unbury my car, and let it warm up for a half an hour, but I got to the gym and ran it out!

I got a lot of help on my run from my playlist.  A lot of great music came on my shuffle workout mix.  I guess you can say I got a little help from Beyonce and Jay Z (and Monica and Katy Perry, too.)


The temptation to stop running was strong from the get go.  I mean I did some serious shoveling before I got there.  No one would blame me for stopping.  That snow was heavy and was a workout by itself.  But I ran on.  Just keep running.  Just keep running.  

Before I knew it, the app voice chimed in "You are half way done."  Yes!  Ten minutes down, ten to go.  I can do this.  My ears were sweating so bad, I had to take my headphones off around minute 16 and run without music.  I put them back on about a minute and a half before the end so that I could hear the app tell me I was done.  I also put a towel over the screen again, but I did keep peeking.  I took it off for good around minute 15.  The last two minutes seemed easy.  I think my stride got stronger with a minute and a half left.  I think I might have been smiling during the last 30 seconds!  

And finally it was over!!  

I have to say that my body wasn't sore.  It was definitely mind over matter.  You just have to think that you can and you'll do it!

3 comments:

  1. Good for you Vern! Way to go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your motivation makes me motivated in my own workouts! If I get tired, I say to myself "Veronica wouldn't give in!" and I push myself! Thanks for being my motivator!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Peggy!

    Aw, Sarah, you're so sweet! Yeah, I wouldn't give in (and when I do you know I am in pain or super tired)

    ReplyDelete