Sunday, January 19, 2014

Week Preview

I took another rest day today because I have my latest health score tomorrow morning with Julie.  I had originally planned on going to the gym and running or possibly taking another yoga class.  Luckily, Sarah texted me early to remind me.

This is a long holiday weekend for me because Monday is MLK Jr's birthday.  Tuesday is my birthday.  I feel like I have been bad on my diet this weekend.  Not pre-May bad, but I've had some gluten and some wine.


I met my friend Brittany for dinner in Dearborn.  We ate at La Pita and had some awesome Middle Eastern food.  The food is not unhealthy, but their bread is so soft and yummy, it's like eating a cloud!  You can't resist and you can't just have one.  I had about three pita breads.  I had a cup of crushed lentil soup, a chicken kabob, some fries, and an insane amount of garlic.  Enough to keep vampires away for a few days at least.


We then went to the adjoining cigar lounge and had a few more drinks.  I had two glasses of Riesling and several glasses of water all night.  It was nice to go out and do something different, but it sure was freezing out!  YIKES!!!!

This morning I went to Trader Joe's and stocked up on some of their soups.  I bought some panccetta and mushrooms to add to my soups.  Also, on my shopping list was a block of mild cheddar to grate myself and some Udi bread to make gluten free grilled cheese sandwiches.  I made one soup from scratch.  It was a recipe that Sarah sent me on Facebook.  It only has two ingredients.  Here it is.

I'm super excited because tomorrow starts the new Fitbit challenge!!  I am determined to get the minimum of 10,000 steps.  I'm training with Sarah on Monday and Wednesday, I have Pilates on Tuesday.  I'm going to get a day or two of running and Spinning in to reach my step goal.

Have a great week everyone!

1 comment:

  1. LMAO. The vampire gif threw me off till I read the blog. Haha.
    You're due for a recovery week, so don't get overly excited this week! Haha.

    ReplyDelete